Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 1 Doctor's Visit

Good news from my doctor's visit on Monday. In his words "that sounds like a normal healthy heart." Normal is good. Healthy is great. And he is signing off on my attempt to do the Ironman next fall, even if it wasn't a ringing endorsement. His exact words were, "Are you crazy?" My response: "Maybe."

So he doesn't understand my draw toward Ironman. But he did say that my heart is healthy enough to be pushed in training just like anyone else. I don't have to worry and I don't have to hold back. Which is great news, because it's going to take my maximum effort to get me across the finish line in Kona. I've got 100% to give, so I'll give it. I owe at least that much to my donor, my fellow patients, the friends I've lost along the way, and of course myself. And to all of you who have supported me unconditionally these many years and many diagnoses.

1 comment:

M said...

Hi Kyle,

I read about you after receiving an email from my brother, who used to work at FOX in L.A.

I just wanted to say how amazing and inspiring story is... taking on an Iron Man is enough to impress the heck out of me, but to do it as a heart transplant recipient?!?! Wow. You have amazing strength, perserverance and courage -- physically and mentally.

I'll be following your story from here on out. I wish you the best!!!